Microsoft Virtualization Discussions

snapmirror update

JSHACHER11

I am trying to update snapmirror from a file with a list of destination volumes without success - what am I doing wrong?

connect-nacontroller -name filer02 -credential $FasCred

$dests = (get-content C:\volumes.txt)

foreach ($dest in $dests) {Invoke-NaSnapmirrorUpdate -Destination $dest}

the c:\volumes.txt file:

vol1

vol2

vol3

this is the error:

Invoke-NaSnapmirrorUpdate : Source not set on command line or in /etc/snapmirror.conf file.

At line:1 char:53

+ foreach ($dest in $dests) {Invoke-NaSnapmirrorUpdate <<<<  -Destination $dest}

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (10.0.9.9:NaController) [Invoke-NaSnapmirrorUpdate], ESNAPMIRRORPARSERERROR

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Snapmirror.InvokeNaSnapmirrorUpdate

if I Putty and run 'snapmirror update' for any of those volumes, it works fine

8 REPLIES 8

bsti

Try qualifying your -destination param with the filer name.

invoke-SnapmirrorUpdate -Destination "filer02:$dest"

Sent from my Windows Phone

JSHACHER11

same thing

the first relationship starts fine but all the rest fail with the above error message

bsti

Odd.  I only get this error when I try the Invoke-NaSnapmirrorUpdate while connected to the source controller (instead of the destination) or I give an invalid destination volume name (perhaps you are supplying the source controller vol name when you should be giving the destination volume name - assuming they are different?).   Can we see the output from Get-NaSnapmirrorUpdate?

I tried your exact code (with different vol names) and it worked for me. 

JSHACHER11

did you try it on a vfiler?

bsti

No. I don't have access to one to test. You may be right in that being the difference.

Sent from my Windows Phone

JGPSHNTAP

Are you logging into a vfiler or a filer?  Where are the snapmirrors setup?

Also, why are you using a static list of volume names..

JSHACHER11

the snapmirrors are on the vfiler

I connect to the filer first and then to the vfiler - connection works fine and I can run commands on the vfiler

Connect-NaController -Name filer01 -Credential $FasCred

connect-nacontroller -Name ($global:CurrentNaController).name -Vfiler vfiler01 -Credential $FasCred

JSHACHER11

it's a vfiler, so maybe it cannot find the /etc/snapmirror.conf (?)

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public