NetApp Learning Services Discussions

Exam NS0-159 and NS0-513

pereirath

Wondering if anyone here has recently gone through the exams above and can provide feedback? Additionally looking for a website that provides practice tests and labs like skillset,measureup,ucertify but they dont have netapp. @wronald Does NetApp partner with any company out there to provide more certification resources?

I know there are some practice questions on the prepare section (only 25questions), but looking for some more resources. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wronald

Hi @pereirath,

I took both certifications recently, and might be able to give you some hints.

Let's start with the NSO-159. It's an administrator level certification, that require you to have a few months experience administering ONTAP. The questions have been written on ONTAP 9.3.

To best prepare for it, there are some NetAppU trainings available, such as the ONTAP, NFS and SMB Admin trainings. These trainings are Instructor-led, or Virtual.

For the NSO-513, you will need to have experience and knowledge about embedded Data Protection of course (DP, XDP, SVM-DR, etc.) but also SnapCenter. Knowledge of MetroCluster IP and Elements OS to ONTAP SnapMirror are also required.

Finally, you can find all references used to write the questions in that document: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/ncp-reference-document.pdf

I think that can always help prepare.

Good luck!

Ron.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

wronald

Hi @pereirath,

I took both certifications recently, and might be able to give you some hints.

Let's start with the NSO-159. It's an administrator level certification, that require you to have a few months experience administering ONTAP. The questions have been written on ONTAP 9.3.

To best prepare for it, there are some NetAppU trainings available, such as the ONTAP, NFS and SMB Admin trainings. These trainings are Instructor-led, or Virtual.

For the NSO-513, you will need to have experience and knowledge about embedded Data Protection of course (DP, XDP, SVM-DR, etc.) but also SnapCenter. Knowledge of MetroCluster IP and Elements OS to ONTAP SnapMirror are also required.

Finally, you can find all references used to write the questions in that document: https://www.netapp.com/us/media/ncp-reference-document.pdf

I think that can always help prepare.

Good luck!

Ron.

pereirath

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Public