Network Storage Protocols Discussions

Delete Qtree - Not Empty

jasonnash

Hi All,

I have some qtrees full with CIFS data I need to delete, I cannot do so as thet are not empty. It will take sometime to delete all of the CIFS data due to not having NTFS permissions and ownership over the folder/files. I don't really want to have to take ownership and mess with permissions in order to delete the qtrees.

Surely there is a way to force the deletion of the qtree, I did see some one mentions the priv set advanced commands but I want to be sure rather than just attempting commands as this is a live filer.

Can someone assist?

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasonnash

I did it in the end, I used the following commands. It sits there for a while deleting but it does the trick.

priv set advanced

qtree delete -f /vol/volume/qtree

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rwelshman

What command are you using to try the delete? What is the error message?

jasonnash

I did it in the end, I used the following commands. It sits there for a while deleting but it does the trick.

priv set advanced

qtree delete -f /vol/volume/qtree

View solution in original post

ROGIERBURLAGE

Thanks, m8. I was already wondering. Why would you have a command like qtree create /vol/volume/qtree but there is no qtree delete /vol/volume/qtree

But then I compared qtree help under normal prompt and then in privilege advanced mode and understood that NetApp thinks that that command to be a bit risky and I understand the privilege mode a little bit better again.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public