Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS Folder deletion in netapp

saranraj456

Pals,

I have seen a lot of thread for this , without being answered.

My problem is i have a folder with unix security style in CIFS created by backup appln.so it is not possible for me delete the folder directly from windows.

Is there any option to delete the file ?

Saran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

georgevj

re you using 7 mode? if yes, you may use the "fsecurity" command to change the folder's security attributes, later you may delete it from the client. Please post the version of data ontap.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

georgevj

re you using 7 mode? if yes, you may use the "fsecurity" command to change the folder's security attributes, later you may delete it from the client. Please post the version of data ontap.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

saranraj456

Actually I tried the fpolicy edit with the help of secedit tool. But after editing it manually it was working.

Public