Network and Storage Protocols

CIFS Share not accesible (anymore)

torsten_graf

Hi guys,

we ran into a problem with a CIFS share. The share was accesible all the time, but suddenly it's not. In the event logs I can see this error message:

(Nblade.cifsShrConnectFailed: vserverName="SVMName", vserverId="3", errorDescription="No such object", errorCode="2", shareName="Projects", serverIp="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", clientIp="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx")

Till now I Checked the following settings:

- Volume : Is Online
- Share: Configured correctly
- Access Rights: Looks good (everyone with read/write)
- Junction Path: Looks good

I found this KB article (https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/Unable_to_access_recently_created_CIFS_shares) with the exact same error message, but the snapmirror is not quiesced, snapmirror is in idle.

Any idea where else I could have a look?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

torsten_graf

Hello ,

the solution was too easy. Someone had deleted the complete folder from the filer and we had to restore it from a previous version. So your hint was right, but we found out before.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hmoubara

Hello,

Normally, if the share path accessed by the cifs client does not exist, the storage will have such a warning.

What does the output below for the affected share look like:

cluster::>file-directory show -vserver <vserver name> -path <share path>

torsten_graf

Hello ,

the solution was too easy. Someone had deleted the complete folder from the filer and we had to restore it from a previous version. So your hint was right, but we found out before.

Public