Network and Storage Protocols

DoT 8.2.1RC1, vScan, AV-Connector

roman_kuchukbaev

Hello all!

We have Netapp C-mode with CIFS server and running vScan (vscan on-access policy with "-filter scan-mandatory") on it with 2 AV servers (connected by AV-connectors, both are primary).

RKCLU::vserver vscan connection-status> vserver vscan connection-status show-all

Connection

Vserver Node Server Status         Disconnect Reason

----------- ----------------- --------------- -------------- -----------------

cifs1 RKCLU-01 192.168.78.3    connected      na

cifs1 RKCLU-01 192.168.78.11   connected      na

cifs1 RKCLU-02 192.168.78.3    disconnected   -

cifs1 RKCLU-02 192.168.78.11   disconnected   -

4 entries were displayed.

So, as you see: both connectors are connected. But only one AV-scanner was running on 192.168.78.11 (in my test case). I trying to copy 1 file to the shared folder (for sample 1.exe) - passed. I try to open it from shared folder - failed, cause no response from 192.168.78.3. NetApp woun't try to send file to the second connector 192.168.78.11, cause 192.168.78.3 is online. So is it possible to detect antivirus process state on the AV-scanner machine and send files to the other one if it stopped?

In 7-mode all fine, cause AV-connector not using and when AV-scanner process stopped - it has disconnected state in "vScan scanners" command; so NetApp used next AV-scanner node in list.

1 REPLY 1

sheelnidhi_g

Hello,

Try to apply the secondary scanner policy to the scanner pool:

xxxxxxxx::vserver vscan scanner-pool> apply-policy -vserver yyyyyy -scanner-pool SV_LAB -scanner-policy ?

primary                     Always active

secondary                   Active if no primary Vscanner is connected

idle                        Never active

With me I only have one vscan server, so cannot test this..

but I am sure this will help you.

Public