Network and Storage Protocols

I can connect two server with Windows 2003 Ent in a FAS 2020 with direct connection without switch fc ?

jarquillo

Hello,

I can connect two server with Windows 2003 Ent in a FAS 2020 with direct connection without switch fc ?

Because i am connecting the two server with Windows 2003 with direct connect without switches fibre channel and when i reboot the servers, the servers don't startup.

If i disconect the fibre channel host bus adapter from the servers the server start up normal, and when a connect to a FAS 2020 direct to controllers not start up.

The connection is:

The server have two wwpn and i have two servers.

WWPN1 SERVER 1 i connect with 0a FILER UP.

WWPN2 SERVER 1 i connect with 0a FILER DOWN.

WWPN1 SERVER2 i connect with 0b FILER UP.

WWPN2 SERVER2 i connect with 0b FILER DOWN.

What is the solution ?

A lot of thanks.

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

prakash_aviva

Hoping that FC cards are inbuilt and drivers installed, and controllers are in clusters.

Just remove all the cables first, reboot the servers as well as netaapp filer (both controllers).

After that connect 1 server 1 card 1 port to e0a controller1 and connect 1 server 1 card 2 port to e0a controller 2.

Then just go to the computer management & scan for new devices or just reboot the filer.

Just check the wwpn no. from the machine & put it into the netapp. Hope u hv target ports on NetApp filers.

All wwn no. will be displaying on netapp, just create the initiators as per normal method & create some luns & bind with that wwn's.

ogra

I believe it's a firmware issue. The reason Windows server not booting up is that it's scanning for boot image using HBA. Unload HBA drivers from the BIOS of the windows server. It should work then. ( Unless you are booting from SAN ).

Also, check the driver compatibility of the server HBA with the Data ONTAP version you have. You may need to upgrade the firmware. Consult NetApp Global Support Center for this piece of info.

-Bakshana

Public