Network and Storage Protocols

Our Netapp Filer refuses to connect to the FTP server. What can we do to resolve this issue?

NetappGuy7

I'm at my wits end regarding this issue. We need to update the DQP file for our machine, however, the only way to do that is via uploading through the FTP server and we've been completely unable to do so. Is there something I need to toggle on the FAS filer side in order to make it work? I've already opened up a case with Netapp but they haven't been able to help in that regard unfortunately

13 REPLIES 13

Ontapforrum

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. Just trying to understand your situation, are you saying there is no other way to 'download' files other than FTP ? I don't remember using ftp for ontap downloads (software/fw/dqp), I have always used webserver. Can you not setup one or ask your IT team to provide a webserver ?

NetappGuy7

I could definitely ask, but i'm not sure how what to ask for specifically. We tend to use WinSCP for that sort of thing... is there another way?

Ontapforrum

This is just an example, but web server makes it easier to downloads stuff to Netapp.

For example-

::> Storage firmware download -node * -package-url https://192.x.x.x/qual_devices.zip

You could ask for a web server from your IT team, or if you are allowed to download lightweight web server from google, then you could just setup one locally on your laptop (as long as your laptop IP can reach the cluster mgmt lif ip.

NetappGuy7

We can give it a try. Rejetto was such suggested (but the link is dead?) at this point i'll use anything to get through this hurdle

Ontapforrum

In the past for my lab, I have used 'mongoose' webserver, check if this still available t download. I'ts free. I used to use version 6.5 back then. 

NetappGuy7

Thank you

I was able to get rejetto to work. However, the issue still persists. It's the same issue outlined in this thread: Solved: Continuous Errors [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse],[secd.cifsAuth.denied] - NetApp Community

If there's something *wrong* with my DQP file, or it's not properly being updated

Ontapforrum

Ok. Two separate issues here I think. Initial thread you were unable to download the 'DQP' to the filer ? Is that correct. So it that resolved ?

So, it appears from the recent comment, you were able to perform - storage firmware download of the DQP but the filer is still complaining . Is that correct ?

Could you post the output of this: (Just share the date code from the bottom of the output).

node> rdfile /etc/qual_devices_v3

Let us know the output of the above command, also which filer & ontap version you are running.

NetappGuy7

That's correct. Here's the output in question:

rdcnas::> node run -node * -command rdfile /etc/qual_devices_v3
2 entries were acted on.

Node: rdcnas-01
LavaStatus=0
XM▒
Xe
Xe`▒(0%^▒▒▒▒
        <2 G[2 ,24▒.2▒2qual_devices.zipmsedge.exehttps://mysupport.netapp.com/ap                                                                                        i/sw-download-service/firmwaredownloads/DISKQUAL/ALL/download/qual_devices.zipht                                                                                        tps://mysupport.netapp.com/site/downloads/firmware/disk-drive-firmware/download/                                                                                        DISKQUAL/ALL/qual_devices.zipd▒.
Node: rdcnas-02
LavaStatus=0
XM▒
Xe
Xe`▒(0%^▒▒▒▒
        <2 G[2 ,24▒.2▒2qual_devices.zipmsedge.exehttps://mysupport.netapp.com/ap                                                                                        i/sw-download-service/firmwaredownloads/DISKQUAL/ALL/download/qual_devices.zipht                                                                                        tps://mysupport.netapp.com/site/downloads/firmware/disk-drive-firmware/download/                                                                                        DISKQUAL/ALL/qual_devices.zipd▒.

Complete gibberish.

Ontapforrum

Filer Model & ONTAP version ?

NetappGuy7

Oh, apologies 
Model: FAS2650

ONTAP Version:  NetApp Release 9.5P16:

Ontapforrum

DQP file could be currupt.

What does this command looks like:
::> storage dqp show

1) Delete the existing file:
:: > set -privilege advanced
::*> node run -node <nodename> -command rm /etc/qual_devices_v3

2) Download a good copy of the dqp from here:
https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/downloads/firmware/disk-drive-firmware/download/DISKQUAL/ALL/qual_devices.zip

3) Re-install the package. (share the download command and output once done).

NetappGuy7

I think you might be onto something. Unfortunately, running the following command: 

::> storage dqp show

Doesn't seem to work. I get the following:

Error: "dqp" is not a recognized command
rdcnas::*> storage dqp show

Error: "dqp" is not a recognized command

I considered running the remove command, but I worry if that will cause any issues. There's no risk to using it, right?

Ontapforrum

You can first try simply downloading the new good copy of DQP from support site and install it. Then, check if it still show the same gibberish content. If yes, then go for  deleting the existing file and reload the new.

Public