Ask The Experts

Highlighted

Continuous Errors [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse],[secd.cifsAuth.denied]

I am getting the error [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse] every 5 minutes.  I am hoping someone can assist me with this.    I am also getting [secd.cifsAuth.denied] in between the prior mentioned error.

I not sure but I think it is effect data in shares.  I'm hoping someone can assist me with this in any way.  Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Continuous Errors [disk.dynamicqual.fail.parse],[secd.cifsAuth.denied]

What version of ONTAP? The EMS Event Catalog has this entry on page 364 (below) and recommends updating the Disk Qualification Package. The instructions for doing that are located here: https://mysupport.netapp.com//NOW/download/tools/diskqual/

2019-12-12 09_08_49-ONTAP 9.0 EMS Event Catalog.png

Highlighted

First thank you for your assistance with this.  I'm not not sure of the version of ONTAP that is running.  I am the Database Admin where I work and I'm trying to figure out if this error would cause data loss on a windows share.  Have you experienced this by any chance?  

I will let them know that they need to update the Disk Qualification Package.

Highlighted

No problem, glad to help. I can't say that I have had experience with this error directly, so I can't say confidently whether or not it would contribute to any sort of impact on your data. That being said, if there is any concern of data loss, I would encourage you to open a NetApp support case immediately so that they can assist. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Ok, I will create a support a case.  Thanks again for your assistance with this.  Like I said, I will let my coworkers know about the Disk Qualification Package update.

Check out the KB!
NetApp Insights To Action
All Community Forums