Network and Storage Protocols

Previous Versions of files and folders within a CIFS share

henk_vonk

I have a Snapshot schedule on a volume and using CIFS.

When I check the Previous Versions tab for a folder (via properties), I see all the scheduled Snapshots which could be restored.

When I check the Previous Versions tab of a file (via properties) within this folder I did not see the scheduled Snapshots?

When I add a Snapshot manually via FilerView then this Snapshot appears in the Previous Versions tab for both the folder and file?

Could somebody tell me if it is possible to see the scheduled Snapshots in the Previous Versions tab of a file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

reinoud7

Hi Henk, (Beste Henk, )

I don't know if this is the case, but you only see the previous versions of a file when there is a difference in the snapshots. For a folder, than he display all the possible versions (probably it's to difficult to see if there is a change between to snapshots). So, when you change your file every time before the snapshot, than you will see all the different versions. When you don't change the file, you don't see any other versions.

good luck,

Reinoud

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

reinoud7

Hi Henk, (Beste Henk, )

I don't know if this is the case, but you only see the previous versions of a file when there is a difference in the snapshots. For a folder, than he display all the possible versions (probably it's to difficult to see if there is a change between to snapshots). So, when you change your file every time before the snapshot, than you will see all the different versions. When you don't change the file, you don't see any other versions.

good luck,

Reinoud

Public