Network and Storage Protocols

Remove "Home" folder and "Printers" folder from new vfiler CIFS share

jeffshelly

Wow,

It has been so long since I created a vfiler I cannot seem to remember how to remove the Printers folder.

Removing Home was easy, Printers comes back as "there is no share named printers"

Search turned up nothing

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scottgelb

Do you have a screen shot?  I don't know of any printers share from a vFiler... There is one difference in C$ on a vFiler in that it shows all volumes owned by the vfFiler instead of the root volume like a physical FAS controller.  The output of "vfiler run vfilername cifs shares" will show all the shares in addition to the system created C$ for that vfiler.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

scottgelb

Do you have a screen shot?  I don't know of any printers share from a vFiler... There is one difference in C$ on a vFiler in that it shows all volumes owned by the vfFiler instead of the root volume like a physical FAS controller.  The output of "vfiler run vfilername cifs shares" will show all the shares in addition to the system created C$ for that vfiler.

jeffshelly

Scott,

There isn't much to see as it's just a folder named Printers.

Taking a closer look this AM, it appears that it's a client side issue. When I viewed the same location on a server, the Printers folder was not there.

That would explain the folder not being visible on the vFiler

Thanks,

Public