Network and Storage Protocols

cacls or somethign similar against CIFs shares

sequeirad

I need to find a way to be able to get the ACLs on CIFs shares on outr netapp filers.

We have 100s of CIFs shares and I am trying to find a quick way that I can get teh NTFS permissions on each of these shares without having to go to a windows box, mounting the share and right click each share and going to security and finding it that way.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I have used CACLs before but it doesn't seem to work against a netapp CIFs share.

The error I get is: The network path was not found.

Even though a dir against the same share works fine

thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3

sinhaa

Can you paste the output of the command: cacls that you are trying? Also the output of the command "cifs shares" from your hosting filer CLI?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

sinhaa

Loking at some Microsift documentations. cacls works only on NTFS file system. You can try the Extended Change Access Control too xcacls. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318754/  > you can use a batch file to get NTFS permissions on all your  CIFS shrares.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

aborzenkov

Do you need share ACLs or files ACLs? Share ACLs are shown in “cifs shares” output; and files ACLs can be listed using fsecurity command on filer.

Public