ONTAP Discussions

7-MOde to Cmode Migration

JAYAPRAKASHNATHAN

Planning considate qtrees of diferent volume to single volume from 7 Mode systems using Qtree snapmirror , where in we use qtree  destination volume as source  to replicate to new CDOT  volumes ,  relationsip shows unhealthy

above method works fine with in 7 mode not in CMode 

4 REPLIES 4

hariprak

Hi,

Help me understand the question. Are you trying to establish a qsm from 7 mode to cmode? QSM from 7 mode to Cmode is unsupported. You can only do a VSM.

Let me know if this answers your queries.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JAYAPRAKASHNATHAN

i am trying qsm in 7mode ,  Because i am planning to move some of the qtree  to one volume by using qsm , and qsm destination  volume  can be vsm to cluster mode volume

here i will have two cutover ,  frist i will do a final update on qsm 7mode , and then i will do one more final cutover to update qsm destination vol as a source and Cluster Volume as Destination using VSM

Hope it make sense to you..

shatfield

So you are running a qtree consolidation to a staging volume on a 7mode controller, then using TDP volume snapmirror to migrate the staging volume to the cluster, but there is some issue with the TDP relationship.  Correct?

NAYABSK

Jayaprakash, 

Please find the guide explaining how to migrate from 7-mode to c-mode

http://community.netapp.com/t5/Tech-OnTap-Articles/PDF-Preview-How-to-Move-from-7-Mode-to-Clustered-Data-ONTAP/ta-p/86329

Thx,

Nayab

If my reply helped you, Mark it as Solution or Kudos so that it will be helpful to people who encounter the same issue.

Public