ONTAP Discussions

About the WFA access log

shuhei

I have a question about the log of WFA5.1.1 that I am using on Windows Server.
I have checked the following folders and there appears to be no Audit log.
(Something like ONTAP's auditlog).

C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\log

When I run the Rest API from a remote client.
I would like to know which log the IP and login of the accessor will remain in.
If there is no file, what method do you use to keep the log?

4 REPLIES 4

shuhei

Thanks for the information.
What I want to know is not so much about the terms and conditions of using the script, but whether there is a way to know the IP of the accessor from the log file in the following cases.

exp)
When I access WFA remotely with a web browser and run the REST API(https://<WFA IP>/rest/docs/), does WFA get an Access Log by default, such as from which IP the user logged in to WFA in the first place and what operations were performed?

cruxrealm

Its been awhile since we used WFA (its EOL).   I think you are looking for the apache log.  Try, finding the apache directory under:   C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\*

shuhei

Thanks for the information.
I will probably use WFA until 2024, as my customer plans to use it until just before support expires.

There are various logs in the specified directory, but I didn't find anything with the access source IP.

So I checked the standalone.xml and standalone-full.xml configuration files and changed the value of audit-log to true.
(Configuration file in C:\Program Files\NetApp\WFA\jboss\standalone\configuration)

The audit file has been created, but I can't find any information such as IP access source, so I am still looking for information.

For reference, edit the following to create the audit-log.

--------------------------------------------
<audit-log>
<formatters>
<json-formatter name="json-formatter"/>
</formatters>
<handlers>
<file-handler name="file" formatter="json-formatter" path="audit-log.log" relative-to="jboss.server.log.dir"/>
</handlers>
<logger log-boot="true" log-read-only="false" enabled="true">
<handlers>
<handler name="file"/>
</handlers>
</logger>
</audit-log>
--------------------------------------------

Public