ONTAP Discussions

Adding a TDP volume once cutover into an existing SVM-DR relationship

JGPSHNTAP

To All -

I'm just curious how others are solving this problem.  Prestaging a new SVM-DR.  Migrating a TDP Volume into the primary online SVM, breaking it, so now the volume is r/w on primary.

The SVM-DR relationship will not pick up the new volume, even with a break and resync.

What is the proper workflow to set this up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sgrant

Hi, sounds like you need to include the volume into the VSM DR protection using the volume modify -vserver-dr-protection protected command on the source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Grant.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sgrant

Hi, sounds like you need to include the volume into the VSM DR protection using the volume modify -vserver-dr-protection protected command on the source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Grant.

View solution in original post

JGPSHNTAP

Yeah, i did that, but I'm still having some issues where it's giving me the following error.

"Failed to apply the source Vserver configuration. Reason: Apply failed for Object: root_direct_mounts Method: baseline. Reason: Failed to create or determine if a junction exists within volume "vserver_root". Error occurred with the remaining junction path of "/vol/uhome01" for the given path of "/vol/uhome01"  Reason: Junction create failed (2)"

wierd to me.. b/c I can access the primary volume

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public