The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

Adding new quotas on CDot

jamesr0

Hi all,

I am trying to add a new batch of qutoas to a volume where quotas are already enabled. We have no qtrees defined the quotas are just applied on the volume. This works fine for already defined users however when I add a new user quota and do a quota resize I get the following error:

skipping new definition for DOMAIN\USER (type:user target:DOMAIN\USER qtree:"");

The only way to fix this seems to be to disable quotas on the entire volume and re-enable it again - this is fine with a small amount of files and users but this won't scale for us.

Does anyone know how to add new quotas and have them take effect without having to disable/enable quotas on the volume?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

rwelshman

You need to define a default quota for that volume - then you should be able to do a resize without having to do a off / on.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public