ONTAP Discussions

CIFS Discovery Mode

TMADOCTHOMAS

We upgraded from OnTAP 9.2P4 to 9.3P10 last week. One of the new features I implemented was the "discovery-mode" CIFS setting to limit CIFS Servers to a specific site for it's domain controllers. The new feature is working well, however I am curious if there is a way to implement this on SVMs without CIFS that are joined to an AD domain. We've done that in a couple of cases so we can give AD groups limited rights to certain SVMs that don't need CIFS. On those few SVMs, I'm still getting the occasional "could not make a connection" error. Does anyone know of a way to implement this change for non-CIFS SVMs, and/or if 9.4 or 9.5 add the ability to make this change?

2 REPLIES 2

RajeshPanda

@TMADOCTHOMAS Let me know if you are still looking for the solution, i will help you find an expert who can answer to your query.

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you. The errors appear to have diminished so I may be good for now. Will update this thread if things change.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public