ONTAP Discussions

Can flexclones be migrated using snapmirror

RamManu

I have a task to migrate SVM from one cluster to another new Cluster. It is a destination svm with volumes in snapmirror relationships and also has snapshots and clones and clones of clones which are used for dev/testing. So is there a way I can migrate this svm keep all DP/clone vols over to another cluster? if so what are the options to get this accomplished?

2 REPLIES 2

scottgelb

I have done this by mirroring the readwrite volume first, then setup additional mirrors for each clone. The clones only replicate the blocks different than the base volume/snapshot. Really efficient and easy but remember having to replicate each clone separately. Once on the destination the clone is a clone of the destination base volume. I would have to test it again but something we could try in the vSIM or a live system quickly.

RamManu

So the base volume is a DP volume and I have to migrate the DP volumes along with all clones.

So here is an example, (target array) DP-vol1 -> snapshot -> flexclone-vol1->snapshot->flexclone-vol1_1 (clone of a clone).

Also can I use SVMDR,  to mirror/migrate everything over to the new cluster ? or do I have to setup individual snapmirror relationships instead? end goal is to move everything off of current cluster.

Public