ONTAP Discussions

Can't move volume from one vfiler to another becuase it says it is in use by the vfiler

NEWNETAPP987

Hi,

I am trying to move a volume from one vfiler to another.  When I do this is says it can't complete because the volume is busy.  The volume in quesiton is a snapvault volume that is idle with restart checkpoint.

Is there a command I can use the will release the volume from snapvault use so I can move the volume to a different vfiler?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

deepuj

Hi,

Did you try "snapvault release" command?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

hariprak

Hi,

Use vfiler context or vfiler run to issue SnapVault commands on a specific vfiler.
For details on how to issue commands on vfilers refer https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1511537/html/man1/na_vfiler.1.html

In order to run any SnapVault operations on qtrees, the vfiler must have exclusive ownership of the volume containing the qtrees.
SnapVault can be turned on or off on a vfiler independently. SnapVault commands issued on a vfiler can only operate on qtrees it has ownership of. Furthermore, the vfiler must have exclusive ownership of the hosting volume.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Public