ONTAP Discussions

Cannot access FAS with any admin accounts

ESo

We're trying to access our FAS2240 running ONTAP version 8.2-4 but all our admin accounts have been disabled, most likely due to attempting to login with the incorrect password too many times. We had disabled the root account so we can't access the filer that way either. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how we can log in and re-enable our accounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NetApp_SR

NetApp support can help you to reset the admin password.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NetApp_SR

NetApp support can help you to reset the admin password.

ESo

I've been trying to create a case with NetApp support, but it doesn't recognize any serial numbers that I put in. We have a continuing support contract in place with NetApp, so the serial numbers should be valid. How should I proceed?

pedro_rocha

Hello,

Best path should be contacting who sold you the system. Any NetApp SE in your region could also help.

On the NetApp site, Sytems > Contracts and Warranties, you can check the current status for the warranty/service contract on the S/N, system ID and even name.

Regards,

Pedro

pedro_rocha

Hi, during system boot there's an option to reset admin password. hit ctrl+c to show boot menu and select accordingly.

More information here: https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-sag%2FGUID-B86616AE-D345-4B44-AA56-BBC7ABD44068.html

Public