ONTAP Discussions

Change Managment IP addresses in c-mode

dawho1621

Hey Everyone,

I'm fairly new to c-mode, and i have 2 - 4 node clusters that i've got set up and running great on 8.1.2.

Now i need to change management IP addresses for each node and also the cluster management IP addresses and i can't seem to find the commands to do it. (for the nodes i tried to do it at the node shell and that also did not work.)

Any help would be appreciated!

-Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dawho1621

I forgot that the node is also considered a vserver and I was failing to reference the node vserver to change that node managment IP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

xcaliber

Just an update on this - for cDOT 8.3.  I had some issues finding the correct command with NetApp documentation.  You can change the e0M network interface IP/subnet with the following command (Run this from console connection)

CLUSTER::> network interface show -curr-port e0M

displays entries that can be modified for the e0M management port for proper command syntax

CLUSTER::> set advance

advance command structure - approve

CLUSTER::> network interface modify -vserver -lif LIFNAME -home-node HOMENODE -home-port e0M -address IPADDRESS -netmask NETMASK

you may have to include -force-subnet-assocation

The subnet should be created prior to moving IPs from my experience.

anthony_njoroge

network interface modify -vserver <XXXXXXX> -home-node <XXXXXXX> -home-port e0M -address <ip-address> -netmask <mask> -lif <LIF-ID>

jvalluvan

How can we set the gateway?

xcaliber

jvalluvan,

Check this documentation :

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-nmg%2FGUID-2067E0EA-4907-4471-9274-2FB3655233A2.html

It looks like you may just be able to enter the -gateway option for this.  Let us know if you continue to have issues.

-xcaliber

akw_white

Are the new addresses on the same IP network/subnet as the old ones?

scottgelb

cmode::> network interface modify

dawho1621

I forgot that the node is also considered a vserver and I was failing to reference the node vserver to change that node managment IP.

View solution in original post

shyfur

Hi Can u please share me the details. how did u change the cluster managment IP and Node managment IP to a different subnet. Appriciate your kind co-operation.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public