1. Verify the status of the node management LIF: network interface show -home-node local -role node-mgmt -fields vserver,lif,status-oper,status-admin,address,role The status-oper and status-admin fields should return up.
2. Record the SVM name, the LIF name, and the LIF IP address for later use.
3. Ensure that DNS is enabled and configured correctly: vserver services name-service dns show
4. Display all of the servers configured to be used by AutoSupport: systerm node autosupport show -fields mail-hosts Record all server names displayed.
5. For each server displayed by the previous step, and support.netapp.com, ensure that the server or URL can be reached by the node: network traceroute -node local -destination server_name
If any of these routes is not functioning, try the same route from a functioning host on the same subnet as the cluster, using the “traceroute” or “tracert” utility found on most third-party network clients. This assists you in determining whether the issue is in your network configuration or your cluster configuration.
Configuring Mail Server
Configure an e-mail server name or IP address that is able to route e-mail-based messages from storage.
This configuration is required for internal support organization or support partners to receive AutoSupport
messages or if you use SMTP as the transport protocol to NetApp