ONTAP Discussions

Do I need to install WUHU(Windows Unified Host Utilities)?

paso

We provide iSCSI as service by cDOT7.3 in JP.

Some steps of manual(or KB) have WUHU installed, but We don't want to provide it. Because WUHU can't be downloaded by customers.

I think that WUHU only tunes performance.

Is WUHU necessary to get support?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mbeattie

Hi Paso,

I guess your question relates to the difference between what is "required" verses what is "recommended"? It is possible to configure ISCSI in Windows natively without installing DSM or host utilities for connecting to NetApp Storage however installation of the host utilities is considered best practise to ensure optimal configuration for failover and performance.

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4080.pdf (Note: Point 15 in the summary of best practises on page 38)

I hope this technical report is useful for providing recommended best practise.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mbeattie

Hi Paso,

I guess your question relates to the difference between what is "required" verses what is "recommended"? It is possible to configure ISCSI in Windows natively without installing DSM or host utilities for connecting to NetApp Storage however installation of the host utilities is considered best practise to ensure optimal configuration for failover and performance.

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4080.pdf (Note: Point 15 in the summary of best practises on page 38)

I hope this technical report is useful for providing recommended best practise.

/Matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

paso

Thank you for answering.

I understand that it is recommended and not required.

Installing WUHU raises the risk (Bug, Security, version upgrade),

After verification, we will consider in the direction not to offer.

Public