ONTAP Discussions

EDITING CLUSTER-MANAGEMENT LIF

Sotognon

Hi all,

We have a netapp FAS2552.

I created a Cluster-management LIF with wrong name and wrong IP address.

How can I edit this LIF with correct informations?

Awaiting for your feedback.

BR,

Francis

3 REPLIES 3

Sotognon

Hi all,

We have a netapp FAS2552.

I created Cluster-management LIF with wrong name and wrong IP address.

How can I edit this LIF with correct informations?

Awaiting for your feedback.

BR,

Francis

GidonMarcus

Hi

i believe:

route show -vserver cluster_name 

network interface show -vserver cluster_name 

network interface rename -vserver cluster_name -lif cluster_mgmt -newname new_cluster_mgmt_lif 

network interface modify -vserver cluster_name -lif new_cluster_mgmt_lif -address 10.0.0.2 -netmask 255.255.255.0 # thats the new address and mask

route create -vserver cluster_name -destination 0.0.0.0/0 -gateway 10.0.0.1 -metric 20    # that the new gateway address

route delete -vserver cluster_name -destination 0.0.0.0/0 -gateway 192.168.1.1    # thats the old address from route show command

i don't have a simulator here to check on. but have you tried these ?

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

GidonMarcus

hi.

i merged the two threads as i saw the duplication. and noticed you also asked about the ipspace for that interface.

i think you can't change the ipspace of the Vserver object that hosts the MGMT interfaces (the cluster_name SVM) it have to stay in the default one.

i was looking at this years back and prtty sure it was not possible.  also don't see it possible here (you can't change any SVM IPSpace post creation) :

https://www.netapp.com/us/media/tr-4182.pdf

i do encourage you also to have a read on this above DOC for the ipspace typical use cases. as it's very rear for someone that is not service provider to need it and can create some pain.....

Gidi

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK
Public