ONTAP Discussions

Error performing OSSV restore: (7) Allow

WILLIAMWALDEN

Hello all.  I am testing the functionality of OSSV backup/restore in my environment, but having an issue during the restore part when following the directions in the official documentation.

I have a 2008 R2 server (Server1) that I made successful snapvault backups of C: and SystemState using the following commands:

snapvault start -S server1:C: na3240a:/vol/OSSV/tree_server1

snapvault start -S server1:SystemState na3240a:/vol/OSSV/state_server1

(na3240a is the secondary storage in this scenario)

I then reformatted and re-installed Server 2008 R2, installed drivers and the minimum needed to get OSSV installed again.

Next, on Server1, I opened CMD with working directory of the snapvault executables, and ran into the following problem:

snapvault restore -S na3240a:/vol/OSSV/tree_server1 C:

Connection had exception

reply indicated error: (7) Allow

Restore Operation Failed

Error performing restore. Check snapvault log

snapvault restore -S na3240a:/vol/OSSV/state_server1 SystemState

Connection had exception

reply indicated error: (7) Allow

Failed to delete Database backup file C:\Program Files\netapp\snapvault\.OSSV_DATABASE_BACKUP.

Restore Operation Failed

Error performing restore. Check snapvault log

The Snapvault logs are not helpful, they just repeat the above information.

Anyone have an idea on this issue?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WILLIAMWALDEN

Found out what the issue was: Snapvault options were not configure to allow any requests.  Sending the following command to my filer fixed the issue:

options snapvault.access all

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WILLIAMWALDEN

Found out what the issue was: Snapvault options were not configure to allow any requests.  Sending the following command to my filer fixed the issue:

options snapvault.access all

griffo007

Can you show me what you typed out, so i can get a picture of the syntax, I require a visual representation please not links to unhelpful documentation.

Public