ONTAP Discussions

FAS2240 and Clustered Mode Advanced Partitioning

drhermi

Hi,

I want to upgrade my FAS2240 to Cluser Mode.

Please tell me if there is posibillity to use Advanced Partitioning Mode on this FAS ? 

Konrad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GidonMarcus

Yes, you can (hwu.netapp.com).

just heads up - it's not an upgrade- its require to reinstall. and you will need cluster mode licenses.

good luck

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

drhermi

Hi,

Yes, I know that I need reinstall whole Ontapp. but tell me if the Advanced Partitioning (AP) is available immediately after install cluster mode or I need do something during Install to initialize this excellent thing ? 

I know that Advanced partitionig isn't available on FAS80XX. 

The system during installation detect hardware version and use AP or not ?

Thanks

Konrad

Sid

Hi, 

Boot into maintenance mode from the boot menu and unassign all drives from each node

Then Reboot each node, and then choose option 4 – wipeconfig.

Once the wipe is finished, the system will use ADP on the internal drives and be ready to setup.

Regards

Sid
NetApp Instructor, IT Learning Solutions http://sg.itls.asia/netapp
(P.S. I appreciate 'kudos' on any helpful posts.)

georgevj

Adding a note here.

The system must be running Data ONTAP 8.3 or later.

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.

GidonMarcus

Yes, you can (hwu.netapp.com).

just heads up - it's not an upgrade- its require to reinstall. and you will need cluster mode licenses.

good luck

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

View solution in original post

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public