ONTAP Discussions

Fabric Metrocluster ATTO connectivity with NetApp FAS8200

NetappNewbie-Roy

Below please find the log. From ATTO, I typed "sastargets" and I can see all netapp disk and disk shelf. On the MDS, I found wwpn of ATTO and NetApp controller fc port on flogi database. Any idea what happended here? Thank you.

Apr 26 14:04:06 [localhost:fci.nserr.noDevices:error]: The Fibre Channel fabric attached to adapter 1a reports the presence of no Fibre Channel devices.
Apr 26 14:04:06 [localhost:fci.nserr.noDevices:error]: The Fibre Channel fabric attached to adapter 1c reports the presence of no Fibre Channel devices.
Apr 26 14:04:07 [localhost:fci.nserr.noDevices:error]: The Fibre Channel fabric attached to adapter 2a reports the presence of no Fibre Channel devices.
Apr 26 14:04:07 [localhost:fci.nserr.noDevices:error]: The Fibre Channel fabric attached to adapter 2c reports the presence of no Fibre Channel devices.

*> storage show bridge
No bridges found.

*> disk show -n
Local System ID: 538019513

disk show: No unassigned disks
*> disk show -v
Local System ID: 538019513

disk show: No disks attached to system.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Fabric Metrocluster ATTO connectivity with NetApp FAS8200

SpindleNinja

Anything else in the logs besides those 4 things?  And anything in the other equipment?  

And what are the code versions of the 8200, MDS and ATTOs? 

cedric_renauld

HEllo, 

Could you tri this command :

ucadmin show

And say us witch port are used for disk, pls 

NetappNewbie-Roy

It seems a like a bug in ONTAP9.4. The issue disappear after I upgrade the ONTAP version to 9.5P3.

SpindleNinja

There was a few out there.    I have a customer with a 8020 MCC FC on 9.1 and he's seeing one where the cluster thinks an ATTO is offline,  even though it's not.   

himal123

if they are directly connected to FC ports,  it should see it

paste the output here of

run local sysconfig -v from each node

do you see your ATTO connected drives there  ? on your FC adapter

Earn Rewards for Your Review!
GPI Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public