ONTAP Discussions

How can I cancel a running SnapManager for Exchange job in NetApp Management Console?

GOODFELLA2071

Argggghhhh!!!!  A colleague has recently attempted to cancel a running 'On-demand protection' job for SnapMgr_Exchange_{EXCH SVR}.  This job is now hanging and we cannot stop it.  All it states in the Job Status is 'Cancelling'.  The last step in the list is 'Progress' and 'Warning'.  The error message is 'Received request to abort job.'  This is now preventing any further snapvaults from being conducted.  Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GOODFELLA2071

I have now sought advice from elsewhere and have found a solution to this problem.  I logged onto the DFM server and ran 'Sysinternals Process Explorer'.  This listed all DFM processes.  It also lists the Job ID which was very useful.  This process was then cancelled and the job was then cancelled.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GOODFELLA2071

I have now sought advice from elsewhere and have found a solution to this problem.  I logged onto the DFM server and ran 'Sysinternals Process Explorer'.  This listed all DFM processes.  It also lists the Job ID which was very useful.  This process was then cancelled and the job was then cancelled.

Public