ONTAP Discussions

How to configure dynamic content in MOTD banner

Yoga

Hello, 

I'm referring to docs to configure dynamic content in MOTD banner but i can't get it to work. Is anyone successful with this?

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.netapp.doc.dot-cm-sag%2FGUID-9BA57AF6-A0AB-4098-A1B3-8577DD0EC90B.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Yoga

Spending some time on this and testing every alphabet (\a, \A, \b, \B and so on) it did show what MOTD can display dynamically although i dont know if there is more to it that can be done with special characters than just alphabets. Here is what i was able to find out

\n=<node-name>, \b=:, \d=<date>, \f=0, \l=/dev/pts/1, \m=<processor-architecture>, , \o=<domain-name>, \r=<ontap-version>,\s=Data ONTAP, \t=23:20:54 UTC, \u=<some unknown number>, \v=<netapp-version-and-date>

\L=last login time, \N=logged in as <who>, \C=<cluster-management-name>, \I=<cluster-management-IP>, \O=<domain-name>, \U=number-of-users-currently-logged-in, \W=<node name and logged in time and IP address of user

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public