ONTAP Discussions

How to know how much time command takes to finish on CLI.

praveenk2305240344

Hello community team, 

I'm new to this community and started recently interacting with netapp server cli to run below task. 

Here is my simple task.

1) we've huge GB of data to purge everyday like 30 or 40 GB based on application usage. 

2) Our application installed on shared mount of netapp storage on linux server. 

3) when we are trying to delete from linux server using regular commands it's taking like 30 hours to delete. 

4) so I'm trying to use delete directories rapidly option to see how much time it takes to delete directories. 

https://docs.netapp.com/us-en/ontap/flexgroup/fast-directory-delete-asynchronous-task.html

5) Above option is asynchronous and i can't tell how much time it takes to run above command. 

6) I can check status of Job using "event log show" command 

So my question: is there any way to tell how much time it takes to run delete command on netapp cli? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1

ChLokesh

Hello Praveen,

Unfortunately there is no command or way available to predict the duration a delete operation will take. The time required for such operations can vary significantly based on several factors, including the size of data and number of items being deleted, system performance and current load.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to reach out.

Public