ONTAP Discussions

Insufficient Speed: Insufficient CPU Speed in MHz - speed is equal to what shows as a problem

Hey y'all

So I'm getting the following error message when trying to deploy a cluster in ESXi. I'm not sure what kind of in formation y'all need to see if its a known issue--but let me know. 

BradParker_0-1605321158963.png

Thanks
Brad

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Insufficient Speed: Insufficient CPU Speed in MHz - speed is equal to what shows as a problem

Hello, Brad

Can you give us :

- ESXi Version

- Select Version you want ot deploy

- Number of ESXi

Deploy type = one / Tow / four nodes ?

Thanks

Re: Insufficient Speed: Insufficient CPU Speed in MHz - speed is equal to what shows as a problem

You bet, thanks so much for responding!

- ESXi Version: 7.0u1

- Ontap Version 9.7

- Number of ESXi: I don't know what that is

Deploy type: 1

@cedric_renauld 

@BradParker 

Are you trying to install an OVA/OVF? This typical of CPU/RAM reservation message.

Edit your VM, go to the resource tab and remove all reservations.

Oli

what version of ontap select you deploy?

I used the standalone version and work correctly on my vmware homelab.

Screenshot_20201117-144407_Firefox~2.jpg

Oupsy,

I think Select is not yet supported in vSphere 7.0u1 ..

I'llcheck it

View solution in original post

Hi Brad_Parker,

@cedric_renauld is correct. ONTAP Select Deploy 9.7 currently is not compatible with VMWare ESXi 7.0 update 1; it is only compatible up to VMWare ESXi 6.7 update 3.

Here is the link to our NetApp Interoperability Matrix.

Regards,

Team NetApp 

Team NetApp
Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Review Banner
All Community Forums
Public