ONTAP Discussions

Issue Connecting to network paths

Mohi1

we have 2 cifs shares on vserver 

Both were working  till date but since yesterday only one of the paths connect at one time with the respective credentials.

we are getting below , if we try to connect to other share 

Error : The network Folder Specified is currently mapped using a different username and password

To connect using a different user name and password, first disconnect existing mapping to this network drive

The issue may be due to trying to connect to the same server with different credentials, both share1 & share 2 paths were working till yesterday the issue occurred today. Kindly help resolve the same as it will impact our  scheduler.

I am suspecting that earlier the one CIFS share was connecting through IP1 and Other CIFS share was connecting through IP2 or vice versa. Thus allowing both  shares to connect from same source server. Currently the connection is going to the same IP either IP1 or IP2

I have tested the scenario through  and it worked when I connected one of them with IP1 and other with IP2 via respective service accounts

Please advise on the fix since as per norms, we should not use the Ip addresses directly. The naming convention should be used. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChLokesh

I dont see the ONTAP version here but you can try applying the solution in the below KB and see if it fixes the issue.

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/ontap/da/NAS/Multiple_connections_to_a_server_or_shared_resource_by_the_same_user_is_not_allowed_error_while_accessing_CI... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChLokesh

I dont see the ONTAP version here but you can try applying the solution in the below KB and see if it fixes the issue.

https://kb.netapp.com/onprem/ontap/da/NAS/Multiple_connections_to_a_server_or_shared_resource_by_the_same_user_is_not_allowed_error_while_accessing_CI... 

Mohi1

thanks for the response

1. How both the shares using same vserver were accessible from the same source server via different credentials from the migration date till mid of February 2024? Please note the lab team was using the named CIFS path for i2q and Tips shares.
  2. Is there any way to set the primary and secondary on the share level?
Public