ONTAP Discussions

Multi-Admin Verification vs. Snapshot Locking

TMADOCTHOMAS

Okay here's an interesting one! I'm looking to improve security on our NetApp clusters. We are running OnTAP 9.12.1P11. I've just read up on multi-admin authentication and snapshot locking. Because I'm *primarily* interested in protecting snapshots from malicious deletion, it seems that it would make sense to implement one of these two features but not both. Both would seem like overkill - requiring multiple admins to delete snapshots that were protected via locking anyway.

Has anyone implemented one or both or either of these features? How did you find that it/they worked in practice? Any thoughts on which of the two might be a better choice in my scenario? Would love to hear any and all thoughts!

2 REPLIES 2

dbenadib

Hi Thomas,

As a NetApp customer you can access a lab on demand to get familiar with those feature. https://labondemand.netapp.com/ 

You will found lab guide and fully functional clusters to test / break and get familiar with MAV 🙂

HTH

David B

TMADOCTHOMAS

Thank you @dbenadib ! I am planning to test on our NetApp simulator but I always forget that the lab on demand is out there too. I will have to check that out! Thanks.

Public