ONTAP Discussions

NetApp SnapMirrors in PRTG Network Monitor

BrandoSFM

Does anyone have any experience with monitoring the NetApp through PRTG? The technical support ticket I have with PRTG has been slow and hit/miss as they gather logs and pull in resources, so I figured I'd try this community to see if someone has crossed this before...

• Current infrastructure is a NetApp cluster running on version 9.12.1P2., all nodes are FAS2750's.
  • I have a user account setup in ONTAP, assigned to the 'Admin' role, as well as HTTP, ONTAPI, and console using passwords. This account is used in PRTG to authenticate against the NetApp, to pull in device's and sensors.

Curiously enough, I can add-in the sensors for the Lif, volumes, system health, etc. without any problems. However, I am seeing inconsistencies with the Snap Mirror sensor. The sensor finds the Snap Mirrors, and can tell me the health, lag, mirror state, but the transfer status  remains 'unknown.'

Lookin through Protection > Relationships, the transfer status is in-sync. Nothing seems to be broken from the NetApp side of Snap Mirroring...

Any thoughts welcome here!

1 REPLY 1

xiawiz

Not PRTG, but have you looked at nabox .. nabox.org

Public