ONTAP Discussions

Networking issue for Ontap 8.3 Cluster - NDMP Backup

avamaruser

I am having difficulty with our office's Ontap 8.3 Clustered Netapp. We also have a clustered Ontap 8.2 that is working fine. I am attempting to do NDMP backup requests to the SVM vserver in both scenarios. 

In the working Ontap 8.2 when making hte backup request i see that the data connection goes to the LIF of the SVM an external IP of 10.x.x.x. However when doing the Ontap 8.3 NDMP backup I get an "Unable to establish data connection to address 169.254.x.x." which is the netapp internal network IP for one of the intercluster connections. 

I think some sort of networking settings are incorrect is there something I can provide here to help debug the issue? Thanks os much in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

rajesharumugam

hi NDMP backup not supporting with the symantec backupexec 2015 latest version with ontap 8.3.1P1 please find the link https://download.veritas.com/resources/content/live/SFDC/25000/000024527/en_US/be_15_hcl.html?__gda__=1457731239_44ea660f59ed7bc92db751ece4ece217#ndmp...   Any solution for this .

Thnaks 

Chiatan

Did you mange to get any info this ?

mbeattie

Hi,

In addition to ensuring the vserver is assigned a management LIF, I'd also recommend checking the NDMP configuration is scoped to the vserver. See the following KB

https://kb.netapp.com/support/index?page=content&id=1014750&locale=en_US

Also see the additional links in the above KB. hope that helps.

/matt

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

JH

Are you connecting to the data or management LIF? Ontap 8.3 requires that each vserver have a management LIF.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public