I need some help with a filer, it is running 9.4 and has 24x1.2TB drives.
It was already deployed but has to be wiped and redeployed elsewhere.
Ive console onto both controllers at the same time, rebooted each node, broken the boot process and selected option 4.
The process completes and asks for the management interface to be configured, which I’ve done for both. Completed the cluster configuration. However when I try to create an aggregate I can only assign 7.5TB, there are no other spare drives.
I cam see all 24 drives on the filer, can someone tell me what I’ve missed or how I can resolve this please?
system node run -node Filer01-01 -command sysconfig -r
Do this which will completely wipe all data from the system
1. Boot both controllers to maintenance mode
2. Use the disk commands to work until all disks are unowned
3. Halt both controllers
6. Boot both controllers to the boot menu with > boot_ontap menu
7. At the boot menu choose option 9 on both controllers and wait for prompts on both.
8. Choose 9a on one controller and wait for it to finish.
9. Choose option 9a on the other controller and wait for it to finish. You should see 24 drives now listed as unpartitioned and unowned.
10 if you want to use advanced disk partitioning then choose option 9b on one controller or if you want to use whole disks (I would not with only 24) choose option 9bc. In either case wait for the controller to reboot and start zeroing. You will see a few ...... on the screen.
11. After the first controller starts the zeroing process choose the same option on the second controller.
12. When both are done you should have access to all disks.
Note that ONTAP 9.4 introduced fast zeroing. This means it only takes a few seconds to zero the disks in any case..