ONTAP Discussions

ONTAP SMI-S Agent 4.0 and Vfiler

damien_gerard

Hello,

I started the installation of the SMI-S provider (Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent 4.0.1) and began to collecte storage information using my own SMI-S client (based in OpenPegasus).

I find desired information about the Vfiler in the class Ontap_Vfiler. Unfortunately I can't find an association class to link the top Computer_System Instance (the filer) and all my Vfiler Instances.

Can someone could help me ?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

carian

Hi Damien,

Vfilers are not currently supported in the Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent.

Jason

damien_gerard

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your answer. Do you know if Vfiler functionalities will be add in next release ? It will be very usefull.

Thx.

Damien

carian

There are no plans to support Vfilers in the next release. However, we plan to support Vservers in ONTAP Cluster-Mode which have very similar functionality to Vfilers.

damien_gerard

Yes I'm agree. But what is the plan concerning filers with ONTAP 8 NOT in Cluster-Mode ? These filers will be totally unsupported ?

carian

Our development efforts are currently focused on ONTAP 8 in Cluster-Mode. The SMI-S provider still supports filers in 7-mode, but Vfilers are currently not in the scope of supportability.

MRJORDANG

Hello,

Any chance that vfilers in an ONTAP 8.1.3 7-Mode environment are officially supported in the Data ONTAP SMI-S Agent Version 5.1.2?    The most recent post (from 2012) says no, but I am hoping this has changed with SMI-S Agent v5.1.2 as some customers are still running 7-mode.  

Thanks,

MRJG

saranraj456

Does the SMI-S agent SMI - 1.7.0 version ( latest) supports vfiler in 7-mode ?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public