ONTAP Discussions

OSSV Snaps not visible in CIFS share

infrastructure_sup

Hi All,

I have a slightly unusual issue with OSSV snaps backing data up to a NetApp CIFS share.

When the initial relationship is being created i can see the OSSV snaps folder listed in the destination CIFS share as soon as the relationship creation is complete the OSSV snap vanishes. On certain servers i can see them as hidden shares but i am unable to restore any data from them and am given an "access deinied" error even though domain admins (which i am a member of) have full access to the share on both the netapp volume and the CIFS share via windows security tab.

I can see that the snap vault is there from the snapvault status command and i have the option to restore the data via the Netapp management console but get an access denied error again when trying to restore.

Can you please let me know if i am doing anything wrong here?

I have installed the agent on to the server that needs to be snapped. Added it as an OSSV host and then added it to a dataset which creates the relationship automatically.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Aaron

1 REPLY 1

infrastructure_sup

As a bit of extra information. I am actually able to see the folder if i untick the "Hide Protected operating system files" is this normal?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

Public