ONTAP Discussions

OnCommand System Manager - Remove AD Group Error:13115

OLIVER_CLAPTON

Hello,

I want to remove an Active Directory Group fom the builtIn\Administrators group on our cifs vserver. After opening the group, selecting the appropiate AD-Group, choosing remove and modify the following error occurs.

Data ONTAP API Failed :Invalid value specified for member-name" element within cifs-local-group-members-remove-members".""abc.domain\AD-Group Admins"".(Error:13115)

I assume it may be because of the space in the name?

Any ideas how to solve the problem.

I bet there is a suitable command line option.

Best Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

hariprak

Hi,

You are right!

OnCommand System Manager displays an error when domain users with blank spaces are added to a domain group.

Use the CLI to create a domain user with blank spaces and add them to a domain group.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.

hariprak

CLI example to add and remove groups with spaces.

Cluster::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-group add-members -vserver main -group-name BUILTIN\Administrators -member-names "gene\Testgroup Space"

Cluster::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-group remove-members -vserver main -group-name BUILTIN\Administrators -member-names "gene\Testgroup Space"

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public