ONTAP Discussions

Powershell Toolkit Permissions issue

goughandrew

Having an issue with a script i've written to provision volumes from a import-csv command.  Login to the filers no problem, but at the point i run the 'new-navol' command i get the following:

New-NaVol : Incorrect credentials for x.x.x.x.
At line:1 char:1
+ New-NaVol -Controller x.x.x.x -Name testVol -Aggregate aggr2_sata -SpaceR ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (172.31.100.232:NaController) [New-NaVol], NaAuthException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ApiException,DataONTAP.PowerShell.SDK.Cmdlets.Volume.NewNaVol

Have tried this as root and my admin user, also tried creating a new role with "volume-*" capabilities, but still get the above error.  Looks like a permissions error, but other than that i'm stuck here, can anyone advise?

Running powershell 4.0, Toolkit 4.1, FAS8020 8.2.1 7-Mode

Andy

1 REPLY 1

georgevj

Do you have vfilers configured? is your volume inside the vfiler?

If this post resolved your issue, help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Cannot find the answer you need? No need to open a support case - just CHAT and we’ll handle it for you.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public