ONTAP Discussions

SVM DR: Failed to reactivate the SVM. Reason: undefined

manelo90

Hi All,

I'm at a stump. I'm playing around with SVM DR as I want to implement it for DRP but its giving me an issue when trying to go back to the Source SVM and sadly it gives me a Reason Undefined error when doing it via System Manager.

manelo90_0-1597680277819.png

Strange thing is when I run the process manually via CLI it works.

https://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/topic/com.netapp.doc.pow-dap/GUID-636DEBE4-31FB-49BA-931D-10911E6F70C5.html

Do you guys know how I can find out what exactly that Reason Undefined message means?

Both clusters are on 9.6P8, volume is unencrypted, first two times I tried volume efficiency was on and inline too.

2 REPLIES 2

GidonMarcus

Hi,

can you see any info in the logs or jobs?

job show -fields *
event log show

Gidi Marcus (Linkedin) - Storage and Microsoft technologies consultant - Hydro IT LTD - UK

manelo90

Event log show displays nothing for today/right after i try to reactivate source SVM and "job show " results are in attached log file.

NOTE: Well as I was writing above response it hit me, I see a line that says "unclaimed admin" so it occurred to me maybe the issue is with my domain admin account so I tried the local cluster admin and surprise, I couldn't log in (I think maybe my HQ changed the password without notifying me)

Anyways so I changed the local admin password and logged in with that account and voila! SVM DR is now working. Now maybe I missed it in documentation but does SVM DR only work using local admin account?

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public