ONTAP Discussions

Snapmirror Deletion

Harisheldon

Greetings,

In the process of cleaning up the work a contractor did for us, and I am finding multiple issues, one mainly being snapmirrors.  He crated snapmirrors, without a volume present on the destination.  Please, don't ask.  I go into the snapmirror on the destination, highlight it, and it will not delete because a volume does not exist.  The only way that I have been able to find a way to delete this is by re-creating a snapmirror from the source, thus creating a snapmirror, to include a volume on the destination.  Once done, I can go in and delete the snapmirror and then the volume.

Question:  Does anyone know the CLI to go into the destination and, without the volume being present, delete the snapmirror?  There are a multitude of snapmirrors, and going the long route will take a couple of days to do.  Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciate.  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

imshenthil

If it is a 7-mode system, then try deleting the respective entry in /etc/snapmirror.conf file and then try removing the relationship. 

Let me know if it worked!

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public