ONTAP Discussions

Storage Migration to Azure

Razzi

What is the best / most effective method to migrate/ move data stored on NetApp SMB shares to Azure Storage Accounts? I have two NetApp svm on Azure already, but we want to get rid of NetaApp and use Azure storage instead. In total, I need to migrate close to 70 terabytes. Any guidance will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_stejskal

We don't support copying off of ONTAP. Any reason why you want to migrate away from NetApp?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_stejskal

We don't support copying off of ONTAP. Any reason why you want to migrate away from NetApp?

Razzi

@paul_stejskal this setup has been giving us nothing but grief and affecting our production workloads. It has been a roller coaster for weeks, engaging NetApp support and backend applications having issues accessing SMB. We are done with NetApp. So I am trying to find the best way to move/ migrate the data over to Azure storage.

paul_stejskal

I'm sorry to hear about your problems and the poor experience. The only way to migrate data is a copy of the data, as there is no way to  cleanly migrate over.

I'd like to see what we can do to make your setup work better. I will PM you to get more info.

JFM

Have you considered using Azure NetApp File instead? A much simpler service to use dans managing your own SVM instances within CVO.

Presales SE at ESI Technologies
Public