ONTAP Discussions

System Manager Feature Request - Restore Snapshot List With Volumes

TMADOCTHOMAS

I recently upgraded to OnTAP 9.8 followed quickly by 9.9.1. I see that some of the many missing features in 9.8 are restored in 9.9.1, but there are still critical and basic functions missing. One is the list of snapshots associated with each volume. It is crucial to be able to browse snapshots in the GUI, potentially deleting ones that didn't get deleted, viewing snapshot sizes, etc. Yes it can be done at the command prompt but that's clunky and time-consuming. I've read the 9.10.1 release notes but it doesn't appear this feature is restored in that version. Please consider this a feature request to restore the ability to view and manage snapshots on a per-volume basis in the GUI. This long standing feature was in all OnTAP versions through 9.7, and is sorely needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TMADOCTHOMAS

Actually, disregard this post :). I realized after poking around that the snapshot view does exist in 9.9.1, it's just not where it was previously. For anyone who searches this, the new normal is to click the volume name and then the Snapshot Copies tab.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TMADOCTHOMAS

Actually, disregard this post :). I realized after poking around that the snapshot view does exist in 9.9.1, it's just not where it was previously. For anyone who searches this, the new normal is to click the volume name and then the Snapshot Copies tab.

Public