ONTAP Discussions

Warranty for Metro Cluster

Terry_sun

Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding the warranty extension for netapp.

We have a netapp Metro Cluster and recently we want to purchase warranty extension for it. As you know for a Metro Cluster it contains multiple components like Filers, ATTO bridges, brocade switches, etc. The user wants to know if they can purchase the warranty from different vendor for different component. I know netapp has some restrictions on their hardwares that they don't allow other vendors to touch them. If you do that you will lose their support. But the boundary is not quite clear for me, for the ATTO and brocade part, does netapp treat them as their hardwares ? if so does this mean I also need to purchase warranty for them from netapp ?

Much appreciate if anyone can provide some advices !

4 REPLIES 4

SpindleNinja

Cisco we can't resell support extensions.   I'm not 100% sure on ATTO, but I'd assume it's the same as Cisco.   

Also, it's not really "that you will lose their support".  But configs should be with in the realm of what NetApp has tested that's in our support matrix whether it's hardware, software or firmware.  

Check with the NetApp account team for details. 

Terry_sun

Hi SpindleNinja, thank you for the reply.

So it will not break the warranty for the whole MC if we purchase waranty for Brocade or ATTO from 3rd party , please?

akiendl

For MetroCluster FC (Brocade) you have to buy support through NetApp. ATTO you can not get direct support and also need to go through NetApp.

You will loose support if for Brocade switches and ATTO Bridges do not have support from NetApp.

ak.

Terry_sun

Hi akiendl, thank you.

As what you said, we need to purchase warranty for all the MC components as a whole ?

Public