ONTAP Discussions

About ONTAP Discussions
Discuss and ask questions about NetApp's Operating System, ONTAP, and its data protection features and plug-ins.

View By
Sort By Subscribe
Hi,. We have a AV server (hosting Trend micro) setup on our Prod clusters that has mandatory scan option set to ON in default_CIFS Policy. The clients ...read more
What is the best way to change the OnTAP Select Deploy configuration to point to a new vCenter? This is a live system so I don't want to break anythin ...read more
Hello,   I'm brand new to NetApp technology, but have been doing research.  My organization does all of it's file shares from a NetApp device using ON ...read more
We are required to manage devices using AD credentials and normally this is how it is setup(domain-tunnel + we grant access on cluster level)vserver a ...read more
Hello Community,   we have the following situation   Customer environment: The customer has two AD domains connected via bidirectional trust with sele ...read more
I see the system default protection policy "MirrorAndVault" is daily 7 and weekly 52.  Does it mean the system will keep 7 daily snapshots and 52 week ...read more
Hi Folk,   (not sure if this is the right forum, please move or advise if needed!)   We've historically been backing up data from our old 7-Mode NetAp ...read more
According to NetApp, disk partition will bring out better performance and disk usage. I see we have a few FAS2750 are not currently using this feature ...read more
We have a four node AFF cluster on low free space, mixed use for CIFS shares, ESX, Exchange and SQL servers. Plan to either add more SSD disks to the ...read more
we are moving our primary volume from one site to another site but our secondary/DR site is staying same and DR volumes will be stayed same as well. w ...read more
Check out the KB!
Knowledge Base
All Community Forums