ONTAP Discussions

can snapvault snapshots be visible on source for clients?

FelixZhou

We have SVM and volume snapmirrors in place, in case in need, we can restore data back from destination to source with "snapmirror restore" command. Will be the snapvault snapshots also visible on source side for clients? let us say we have volume A, have 50 local snapshots and another 50 long term snapvaults on DR site, will all 100 snapshots be visible for clients, specially for CIFS clients? Otherwise how can we bowser the data to find the missing items from snapvaults? 

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sig

Prob more than a few ways to do this:

I'm not sure if windows explorer "Previous versions" shows the SV snapshots.  I'm thinking not.  Then I'd prob...

Create a CIFS share on the SV dest volume.  Then you can browse the snapshots and drag'n'drop recover or use snapmirror restore.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sig

Prob more than a few ways to do this:

I'm not sure if windows explorer "Previous versions" shows the SV snapshots.  I'm thinking not.  Then I'd prob...

Create a CIFS share on the SV dest volume.  Then you can browse the snapshots and drag'n'drop recover or use snapmirror restore.

paul_stejskal

Only the snapshots locally will be available. You'd have to browse the DR side but I don't believe that is possible as it's a DP type volume.

Public