The transition to NetApp MS Azure AD B2C is complete. If you missed the pre-registration, you will be invited to reigister at next log in.
Please note that access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

is Nc-RenameExportPolicy Disruptive operation ?? - Cdot

koushi

Hi Team,

Need a small help.

We've got a requirement to change export-policy names to all of our C-Dot filers.

After Observing, We came to know that they are 1000's of export policies needs amendment

We've had a powershell script in place to change the export-policy as per our requirment

Now just we need a small confirmation, Does Changing export-policy name(not underlying its rule index) will create any impact to the on-going process ?

Please let me know as soon as possible this change is scheduled in 2 days.. and really dnt want to take any chance in fail. 

1 REPLY 1

asulliva

This is the same as the CLI operation "vserver export-policy rename" and uses the "export-policy-rename" API...I haven't found any documentation which says that the operation is disruptive.

That being said...I have not tested it.  You may want to do that with a non-production volume/export policy to alleviate any fears.

Andrew

If this post resolved your issue, please help others by selecting ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or adding a KUDO.
Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public