Effective December 3, NetApp adopts Microsoft’s Business-to-Customer (B2C) identity management to simplify and provide secure access to NetApp resources.
For accounts that did not pre-register (prior to Dec 3), access to your NetApp data may take up to 1 hour as your legacy NSS ID is synchronized to the new B2C identity.
To learn more, read the FAQ and watch the video.
Need assistance? Complete this form and select “Registration Issue” as the Feedback Category.

ONTAP Discussions

set advanced mode using python paramiko

chinmayie

Hello,

Iam trying to use paramiko and have run this command 

ssh.exec_command('​set -privilege advanced -confirmations off')

But Iam getting the following error:

<0x07>

Error: : "​set" is not a recognized command.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

4 REPLIES 4

alexj

Try this:

ssh.exec_command('​set -privilege advanced -confirmations off; <your command here>')

Works for me, the only thing is you'll have to add in the set command and flags for each command you submit.

chinmayie

yes it works thanks

AlexDawson

At a guess, you're either not logging into a clustered ONTAP system (ie, ONTAP version is 8.2 or less), or you're logging into a service processor IP address (you should use the cluster or node management IP addresses instead), or you're logging into an account which has had the "set" command restricted through RBAC.

Hope it's one of those. Not sure what it would be if it isn't one of them.

chinmayie

I have used cluster IP address,  and ONTAP 9.1 version, all commands works fine ,except this set privilege command.

Announcements
NetApp on Discord Image

We're on Discord, are you?

Live Chat, Watch Parties, and More!

Explore Banner

Meet Explore, NetApp’s digital sales platform

Engage digitally throughout the sales process, from product discovery to configuration, and handle all your post-purchase needs.

NetApp Insights to Action
I2A Banner
Public