ONTAP Hardware

Disk Assignment

renep

Hello,

I have a FAS8200 2-node cluster with 6 DS224C with SAS drives and I added a single shelf on its own loop with 960GB SSDs. After assigning the disks evenly between each node I can only get 7tb from each aggregate that I create, can assign all the disks to 1 node to make one large aggregate (15TB)? Does that configuration work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ontapforrum

Yes, it's up to you. Remove disk ownership from Node-2 and assign them to Node-1 and make one big aggregate. Just that you will be putting all the load processing for this aggregate on one particular Node. But that's ok as long as you are aware of the Node resources and load capacity, and you are ok to move volumes from this aggregate to different Node if need arises due to performance issues in future.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ontapforrum

Yes, it's up to you. Remove disk ownership from Node-2 and assign them to Node-1 and make one big aggregate. Just that you will be putting all the load processing for this aggregate on one particular Node. But that's ok as long as you are aware of the Node resources and load capacity, and you are ok to move volumes from this aggregate to different Node if need arises due to performance issues in future.

renep

Thank you.  Another option I didn't think about was flexgroup.  I can go that route without sacrificing performance on one node. 

Ontapforrum

Agree,  that's another option and a good one.

Public